Sprinkler systems are a wonderful thing for home and business owners! They can be programmed to water for exactly how long your yard should be watered, how much it needs to be watered and where the water should be directed. This system saves time, water, and money for people. Homeowners can even leave for periods of time for vacations, weekends, etc. and still come home to a green lawn without having to find someone to water their lawn during their absence. No hoses, no sprinkler heads to deal with. Yes, sprinkler systems are a fantastic investment. However, they do also need routine maintenance and occasionally sprinkler repair.
How To Know If Your Sprinkler System Needs Repair
- Uneven Or Low Pressure – if you notice that the pressure of the water coming out of the sprinkler heads are lower than normal, stronger than normal, or uneven among all of the heads, there may be an issue within the control valves, the regulator, or the irrigation piping. Low pressure can result in uneven watering and wilting of grass, and too much pressure can wear down your system, so it’s a good idea to have this pressure issue resolved.
- Leaking Control Valves – The control valves deliver the correct amount of water to each head and area of your yard. If these valves are leaking, or seeping water, it’s a sign that you may need sprinkler repair. Leaky valves cause wasting of water resources and can lead to damp spots in your yard which can bring other problems.
- Sprinkler Heads That Spit Out Water – if any of the sprinkler heads are spitting or sputtering out water or spraying out of the normal way, this is a sign of a valve issue, or there could be cracks or damage to the sprinkler head. This is cause for maintenance or sprinkler system repair.
- Unusually High Water Bill – A higher than normal monthly water bill is a pretty good indicator that there is a leak in the irrigation system or somewhere else in your sprinkler system that needs repaired.
- Uneven Water Spray From Heads – If areas of your yard aren’t getting enough water, or too much water, or the heads are spraying the driveway and sidewalks, there is an issue with the heads of the sprinkler system or a valve that may need repaired.
If you have any of these concerns with your sprinkler system, it is a good idea to have it looked at by a professional. A YardTech technician will come to your home or business and check out the sprinkler system to determine if anything in the system needs to be adjusted or repaired. The YardTech team is trained to repair and maintain your sprinkler system to keep it running efficiently and reliably. You can reach YardTech easily through our contact page here on our website. We will come to your home or business and inspect the system to identify any issues and then consult with you to have your sprinkler system repaired quickly and professionally. Contact us today!